Thursday, December 6, 2012

Registered, Early Labor, Belly Bandit

When I was pregnant with Chloie I went into Labor before I got a chance to pre-register with Labor and Delivery at IMC. So I was a little confused when I received a call from IMC today to get registered, I've officially made it further along in my pregnancy this time then with Chloie. :) Which is a good thing.
So I'm registered and won't have to answer a million questions when I arrive and am in full blown labor. (talking while in labor is not easy... thinking while in labor is nearly impossible for that matter. haha) So it will be nice to not have to deal with that this time around! :)
I am in early labor (which I went through for about 2 weeks before I started active labor with Chloie) Which means I'm having pretty strong contractions (I can still walk and talk through them but definite pressure {nothing I can't handle}). They have been coming every 5 minutes since Sunday Morning but instead of increasing in intensity and getting closer together they are staying about the same. They did stop for about 2 hours yesterday, which was a nice break. But they came back with a vengeance ha.
 I'm hoping that instead of letting me be in early labor for 2 weeks this time my Dr will just help move things along and induce me. (Doubtful but fingers crossed, we will find out tomorrow)
Unfortunately I'm not one to complain to my Dr, partly because the walls at IMC are paper thin, I swear. so I can ALWAYS hear the lady in the next room complaining and asking a billion question about just about everything under the sun and I can tell my Dr is at his wits end by the time he walks into my room. So since my pregnancy is low risk and I'm really not that uncomfortable, and I have a mom who can answer just about every question I have :), I tend to just say I'm doing well and my appointment is over in about 10 seconds. And because of my lack of complaining I'm betting I will not be induced. :( I will have to wait it out, again.
Which I'm sure I can handle (only 16 days til my due date anyways). :)
Also I've been reading reviews for this thing called a "Belly Bandit" it's supposed to help you shrink back down to your pre-pregnancy shape super quickly. It's just a constriction band so it fits tight around your abdomen, hips, and rib cage to help them go back to "normal". I decided to get one this time cause I never felt like my rib cage went back to the way it use to be after Chloie (I swear the kid lived in my rib cage the entire time and this next one is living in my lower back and hips lol). So I'm excited to try it out and see if it helps at all.
If any one else has tried this, or something like it, let me know how it worked for you I'd love to hear about it. :) Thanks!

No comments: