Friday, November 9, 2012

Sleepless nights and Baby #2 update

I don't know what my kids (Chloie, baby, and Allie) have against a sleeping mom.
Chloie hasn't been sleeping through the night for the past week and I FINALLY get her to go to bed on time and to stay asleep in her bed and what does Allie do?? Wakes me up every hour by barking, liking me, whining, getting in to garbage... ya know, the usual. Then when Allie finally lays down (4 o'clock AM) The baby starts kicking... Then Ben gets up makes a shake (blenders at 5am are extremely loud) then plays video games (also loud). So by this point I've given up on sleep and decided to start cleaning... Then Chloie wakes up and pees... on MY bed. Great!
After all of this I realize... This is just the beginning. I will be up all night for the next few months, whether it be with Chloie, Allie, or the Baby (or all three). I think everyone is just helping me get used to it early. So In reality I should be thankful for my cute little girl keeping me up late and waking me up early, and my dog reminding me of how a baby will wake up every hour on the hour and need my attention.
But I would be even more thankful for one, just one, full nights sleep in the next 5 weeks before the baby comes. DREAM BIG!
:)

I did, however, get the BIGGEST hug and kiss follow by "lub you, mommy" this morning. and Ben told be I look pretty (before make-up and hair were even thought of this morning) and said my belly looks smaller today then it did yesterday. So even with no sleep my family still loves me.
What more could I ask for...



On to baby #2 update.
I am in my 35th week! (5 weeks and 6 days to go!) So close to being done! :) If she comes early like Chloie did I only have about 4 weeks. But seeing as I haven't gained nearly as much weight and she seems slightly smaller then Chloie I doubt that will happen. So a Christmas baby it will be, most likely. :) I haven't gained any weight at my last 2 Dr. appointments (even with all the Halloween candy I ate. odd, right?) but I am still measuring about 2 weeks big. Which is good (means the baby is gaining and growing). She is also a very active baby, even more then Chloie was, She likes her space too. She kicked the Dr while he was trying to measure my belly. And I mean kicked (repeatedly) I think she surprised him the first time cause he jumped back a bit. It was funny. She kicks anything and everything that touches my belly, She doesn't like to be touched it seems... Everything about this baby so far is opposite of Chloie. I can't wait to meet her!

 I keep hearing from people that I don't look more then 4 months pregnant, TRUST ME  I FEEL IT! Heartburn, shortness of breath, braxton hicks, sore ribs and hips and all. But compared to the pregnancy with Chloie this one has been a BREEZE! Which I am incredibly thankful for, makes chasing Chloie around so much easier then I thought it was going to be. :) And I'm not dying for it to be over, don't get me wrong I am so excited to have the baby here and to have some energy. But being pregnant right now is really not that bad and I think I can make it to my due date with out wanting to punch my husband in the face (for those of you who haven't watched "what to expect when your expecting" you need to! its HILARIOUS).

No comments: