WARNING!!! : This post contains negative feelings. Proceed with caution. Note that there is some underlying sarcasm in the majority of this. :)
And mostly I am hoping to get out my (possibly hormone rage induced) feelings while making someone some where laugh. So keep that in mind as you read....
Ha...
Do you ever feel like you get an abundance of unwanted advice from just about everyone you run into?
I do.
Especially lately, I don't know what it is about being pregnant with an almost two year old that screams "some one please tell me everything I'm doing wrong and what I should be doing to be as amazing as you". also tell me all your horror stories about labor and delivery because, ya know, I haven't been through it before or anything. AND PRETTY PLEASE point out constantly how young I am to be a mom, much less married. I am aware of my age (contrary to popular belief I am NOT an idiot) (bet your shocked). I just figured out what I wanted for my life, and found a man who wants the same for his life, a little earlier on in life then some other people have (and to be honest earlier then I thought I would personally). Sorry if that bothers you. :)
I just don't understand people. I'm usually one to keep my opinions to myself, unless provoked (I may be feeling a little provoked at the moment, by the way). So I don't get why some people feel like everyone needs to hear their opinions all of the time? Usually when people give me their unsolicited advice and opinions I'm generally nodding (to be polite) and thinking "If I wanted to hear any of this I would have asked, and the fact that your forcing this lecture on me makes me; for 1: very uncomfortable and for 2: not want to be around you for even short periods of time ever again."
But I will smile and nod and say things like "Oh I never would have thought of that" when I have ( or I've researched and asked my Dr. about and decided against it), or things like "Oh thank you so much for all of your advice!" when I really couldn't care less, but if your that into it I will listen to be nice. :)
Then I find my self complaining about all of this to my husband (who not only finds them annoying as well but tends to find me annoying for being annoyed. fun.) or my best friend, Kenzie. Who generally agree's with me (which is possibly just because she knows that if she doesn't I will continue to talk about it until she does) and waits 'til I'm done ranting and raving about stupid people then offers me Cheesecake or candy to make me feel better. LOVE HER! haha.
I would just like to say that I know I am not a perfect mother, wife, sister, daughter, niece, cousin, friend, sister-in-law, or daughter-in-law. BUT I am doing the best I can. I cannot please everyone all of the time. I am nothing more then an average person, I do not preform magic tricks, I don't know everything, and I (surprisingly) am not perfect.
I am okay with being less then perfect. I am okay with being just a good mom, not a super mom. I'm okay with being a good wife, not a perfect wife. And I will give to everyone else (sisters, brothers, parents, aunts, uncles, cousins, and friends) everything that I can. And that will just have to be enough.
Until I'm struck be lighting or I touch some magic moon rock that gives me super powers. :) (it will totally happen one day I'm sure)
Now that I've gotten that off my chest I feel much better and am fully prepared to pretend to care when I get more advice. (and since we are going to the grocery store I'm guessing it will be happening soon, gotta love random strangers at walmart!)
Thanks for reading I hope that some one got a good laugh! If you didn't, you obviously did not read this correctly in my sarcastic tone. Try again. :)
1 comment:
I saw a thing on Pinterest that I think fits this situation rather well. "Sometimes I think that some people should use a glue stick instead of chap stick."
I think you are amazing and I couldn't ask for a better cousin. You are an incredible mom and I love to see you with Chloie.
Love you!
Post a Comment