Friday, February 11, 2011

Lucky


So Two things:

  • My Grandma Christensen came over and met Chloie for the first time at my parents house last sunday. She said Chloie looks like My Uncle Shane. Uncle Shane passed away from heart problems when he was 5 so I never met him and I have never seen any pictures of him And now I can't stop wondering what exactly he looked like and what my grandma saw in my daughter that reminded her of him.




  • Today while I was trying to calm Chloie down I was listening to Rascal Flatts: Bless The Broken Road, and it got me thinking about how I got to be here with my amazing husband and our baby, Chloie, and how lucky I am.


Two years ago I was 18, working on turning my life around and planning on being independent a while. I had given up all my friends and was focusing on being a better sister to Jordy, Whit, Bay, and Jayce and a better daughter to my parents. I was refusing to date and had successfully gone 9 months without going out with anyone (which was a pretty big deal for me).
I had plans to get into a salon and have a few years to build a clientele and move out on my own. I NEVER though I would be married or be a mother before I was at least 22.
Then I met Ben and my entire life changed.

And now here we are two years later, married and proud parents to a Beautiful baby girl.
I am so happy that all my plans for myself failed miserably, I wouldn't change anything about my life now.





3 comments:

Peyton and Jayce said...

I wouldnt want you to change anything either! Your beautiful and that baby is adorable! If you had asked me three years a go I would have said you needed a good kick in the butt! I am so proud of you sweet girl! YOU ARE AMAZING!

*ShaRisE* said...

This just made me almost cry! I'm so glad everything is going so good for you Kelc! I miss you tons and I can't wait till i'm able to make it up to see you guys!! love you!

Des said...

I just smile when I hear you talk about how happy you are. See! All of those awesome lessons in YW must have made some difference, right? I am so proud of you. You have worked hard and you are being blessed for it for sure. I love that cute baby and I love you too! You are one amazing gal. :)